Takeaways from Appointed Design Team’s Workshop (6.9.22)
Here are some bullet points of the appointed design team’s workshop for the Freeway Commemoration Project which was held last Thursday, June 9th:
- In the same vein of their current survey the workshop was skewed toward their intentions; it gave the feeling that the intent and original idea of a memorial is being left in the rear view mirror.
- Questions were posed in a way to reinforce their drive to move forward on a grandiose capital improvement project for Octavia Boulevard paying tribute to the current Hayes Valley Neighborhood Association (HVNA) Board and further highlighting the financial interests of all parties involved.
- In keeping with their land grab vibe, it’s becoming obvious their intent is to close off & reduce car access to side side streets of Octavia Blvd.
- A member of the design team referenced that they are pushing to expand open space on Parcel K and Parcel O.
- Their plan involves a total redo of Patricia’s Green and reads grandiose with lots of concrete.
- We have also noticed that the project name has been modified to “Octavia Project” on promotional material
Read all our posts on this project
Want to get up to speed on this history? Thanks to our coalition we have a chock-full of information.
Sign the petition
Support the position that this project needs a new and transparent approach? Sign today.
Want to get involved?
Want to be apprised of updates, meetings and efforts we are working on? Let’s connect.