Takeaways from Appointed Design Team’s Workshop (6.9.22)
Here are some bullet points of the appointed design team’s workshop for the Freeway Commemoration Project which was held last Thursday, June 9th:
- In the same vein of their current survey the workshop was skewed toward their intentions; it gave the feeling that the intent and original idea of a memorial is being left in the rear view mirror.
- Questions were posed in a way to reinforce their drive to move forward on a grandiose capital improvement project for Octavia Boulevard paying tribute to the current Hayes Valley Neighborhood Association (HVNA) Board and further highlighting the financial interests of all parties involved.
- In keeping with their land grab vibe, it’s becoming obvious their intent is to close off & reduce car access to side side streets of Octavia Blvd.
- A member of the design team referenced that they are pushing to expand open space on Parcel K and Parcel O.
- Their plan involves a total redo of Patricia’s Green and reads grandiose with lots of concrete.
- We have also noticed that the project name has been modified to “Octavia Project” on promotional material.
Read our part 8 post.
Read all our posts on this project
Want to get up to speed on this history? Thanks to our coalition we have a chock-full of information.
Sign the petition
Support the position that this project needs a new and transparent approach? Sign today.
Want to get involved?
Want to be apprised of updates, meetings and efforts we are working on? Let’s connect.