Our organization formed in large part out of necessity because our voices were not being heard.
As we tired of predetermined outcomes and controlled decisions by one neighborhood association which has resulted in consequential quality of life and economic challenges for neighbors and small businesses we knew it was time to activate a new coalition to ensure a broader reach of civic engagement.
The following are our guiding principals that we strive to uphold while we navigate through San Francisco’s complex civics and neighborhood politics:
- Review and Planning
- Only through thorough review of the facts, processes and connections with stakeholders are we able to serve the neighborhood clearly with a concise overview of the initiatives/issues for community awareness and solutions (when applicable).
- Outreach and Impact
- We strive to ensure participation by encouraging facilitation of feedback via multiple means of outreach; a positive impact is only possible by fostering and encouraging others to engage.
- We support and encourage neighbors and businesses to participate in the civic process. In an effort to advance common good, we seek a bilateral forum of communication between neighbors and City Agencies.
- Demographic Diversity and Inclusion for Democratic Legitimacy
- We believe that the incorporation of diverse voices, people, ideas and information is the only way to achieve equitable representation and quality outcomes across our community/neighborhood. Additionally we view the acceptance of dissent and embracing the right to petition as a vital cornerstone in civic engagement work.
- Transparency of Process for Sustainable Engagement and Participation
- We believe in sharing information and encouraging all involved to consider all aspects of the issues in an effort to generate a range of views and positions. Fostering and promoting ongoing engagement is paramount to our participation in the civic process.